Sometimes I'll mention in a comment or during a recommendation that "this book is definitely in my personal top 10 list."
I was thinking the other day, past me, is that even true?? Do you even have a top 10 list??
The real answer is irrelevant because, reader, I HAVE ONE NOW!
The list will change (probably as soon as I read more things). Requirements are fast and loose. Is it one of my favorite books that's better than all except maybe 9 of the others? Then it's on the list.
Additionally, these are the books that have made such an impact that they've become part of me. I carry them around (figuratively), and they weigh more to me than other books.
So in the name of vindicating my past self, and for your interest, I present the top 10 books of my life.
1. The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barberry
2. Goodbye, Vitamin, by Rachel Khong
3. Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes
4. The Dog Stars, by Peter Heller
5. The Woman Next Door, by Yewande Omotoso
6. Spaceman of Bohemia, by Jaroslav Kalfar
7. French Exit, by Patrick deWitt
8. An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything, by Colonel Chris Hadfield
9. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, by Stephen King
10. The Book of Delights, by Ross Gay
Now, what I really want to know is WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST?!
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by SiteGround